Attachments

Dan Farmer dan.farmer at phonedir.com
Wed Sep 13 21:33:49 IST 2006

On Sep 13, 2006, at 2:17 PM, Colin Jack wrote:

> Hmmm ... it looks like MailScanner is refusing the attachments because
> the .zip file contains unacceptable files ... e.g. .exe and .chm
>
> This seems a little over the zealous. We usually suggest to clients
> mailing .exe files (install files for example) to .zip them up to get
> through filters!!
>
> What is the best way to deal with this? Can I tell MailScanner not to
> look inside .zip files

# The maximum depth to which zip archives will be unpacked, to allow for
# checking filenames and filetypes within zip archives.
#
# Note: This setting does *not* affect virus scanning in archives at
all.
#
# To disable this feature set this to 0.
# A common useful setting is this option = 0, and Allow Password-
Protected
# Archives = no. That block password-protected archives but does not do
# any filename/filetype checks on the files within the archive.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Maximum Archive Depth = 0