Using MailScanner with Trend Micro Interscan Viruswall for SMB 6.0

Zenith Tang zenith.tang at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 09:04:53 IST 2006

In SMB ver 5.0, the successful scan look like below, but the result in SMB
6.0 is different. It just showed the message "Scan thread started". It seems
that the method for virus scanning changed.

#/usr/lib/MailScanner/trend-wrapper /opt/trend/isvw /tmp/virus

Virus Scanner v3.1, VSAPI v8.100-1002
Trend Micro Inc. 1996,1997
        Pattern version 743
        Pattern number 130877
Configuration: -e'{*
Directory /tmp/virus
        /tmp/virus/virZGAOsay4F
*** Scan error -92, file /tmp/virus/virZGAOsay4F
*** Found virus WORM_BAGLE.GEN-3 in file /tmp/virus/virZGAOsay4F

==============================
Directory:
        Searched : 1
File:
        Searched : 1
            Scan : 1
        Infected : 1
        Infected : 1(Include files been compressed)
Time:
        Start : 9/12/06 15:54:48
         Stop : 9/12/06 15:54:48
         Used : 00:00