incoming messages stuck in queue due to tnef bug

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Mon Sep 11 16:01:23 IST 2006

Ron Broersma a écrit :
> I've had some problems with messages that get stuck in mqueue.in,
> resulting in whole batches that never get processed due to processes
> that repeatedly die on the same batch.
>
> Here's where it fails...
>
> read-open /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/17683/k8ACNk7x003153/i: No
> such file or directory at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/MIME/Body.pm
> line 435.
>
> The offending message had 2 MIME parts, one of which was a
> winmail.dat.  With some more debugging it appeared that processing of
> that particular winmail.dat had a number of problems, causing
> MailScanner to get very confused about the filenames and eventually die.
>
> Since this appeared to be a TNEF problem, I switched from the external
> (/usr/bin/tnef) to internal decoder.  Things worked much better.  I
> then checked sourceforge and found a newer version (1.4.3) than that
> distributed with MailScanner (1.4.1).  I installed that and switched
> back to external TNEF, and all is well.  No more stuck queues.
>
> I recommend that the new TNEF v1.4.3 be included in future MailScanner
> distributions.
>
> --Ron

Ron,

Are you talking about this TNEF module (output from MailScanner -v):
0.17    Convert::TNEF

Beacuse my version number is way off the ones you mention.

Denis

--
   _
  °v°   Denis Beauchemin, analyste