troubles with Mailscanner 4.56.3 and Postfix 2.33 and postfix 2.2.11

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 19:44:54 IST 2006

On 10/09/06, Stein, Mr. Fred <FStein at thehill.org> wrote:
> I just upgraded to Mailscanner 4.56.3, I am running postfix 2.33 on a Centos 4.3 server and this is the error I get when I try to restart MailScanner.  Any ideas?
>
> Starting MailScanner daemons:
>          incoming postfix:                                 [  OK  ]
>          outgoing postfix:                                 [  OK  ]
>          MailScanner:       Unmatched ) in regex; marked by <-- HERE in m/^[ARO].+@(?:\w|-|\.)+\.\w{2,}) <-- HERE / at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Postfix.pm line 911.
> Compilation failed in require at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 315.
>                                                            [  OK  ]
> This is also true of postfix 2.2.11 on Centos 4.3 server
> Thanks in advance
> Fred

As is plain to see, there really is an unbalanced parenthesis there,
so... that is a typo on Jules part. Haven't had time (nor energy) to
determine what it really should be:-). If Jules or someone else hasn't
fixed this come monday, I just *might* find the time (and energy...
Pretty low batteries ATM:)
--
-- Glenn