Spamcop.net RBL blocking emails by mistake?

Res res at ausics.net
Sat Sep 9 03:35:05 IST 2006

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006, John Rudd wrote:

>> if its that IP's first entry its delisted after 2 hours, then if your in it
>> again its longer, and so on, each time gets longer, its a very fair
>> process.
>
> It would be a fair process if their criteria were reasonable and accurate.
>
> Since their criteria are neither, the process is anything but fair.

That depends upon why there were listed, of course we all know spammers
never see what they do as spamming, spamcop do have an automated listing
process if you send to one of their spamtrap addresses, an address thats
never real, never read, nerer given out to anyone, to send to this address
means someones up to no good, be it deliberate or virus, either way its a
legitmate listing IMHO caused by the sender.

And on non spamtrap addresses they do send you notifications, thatys of
course so long as you have an abuse@ email addy and botehr to read it :)

--
Cheers
Res

"Just a world that we all must share, it's not enough just to stand and
stare, is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away" - Floyd