Spamcop.net RBL blocking emails by mistake?

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Thu Sep 7 23:32:58 IST 2006

Dennis Willson wrote:
> I have an issue with the subject of your posting...
>
> SpamCop did NOT block your email... You did. Granted it was based on
> information they provided. But that's a lot different than SpamCop
> actually doing the blocking.

I tend to agree with that, although I also have more problems with the fact that
it implies that any RBL is ever perfect.

A better wording was "spamcop.net RBL listing ip's that send nonspam by mistake?".

Which of course still has the problem of assuming that listings that affect both
spam and nonspam are or should extraordinarily rare. They aren't rare, they're
commonplace in all RBLs.