Spamcop.net RBL blocking emails by mistake?

Dennis Willson taz at taz-mania.com
Thu Sep 7 23:12:38 IST 2006

I have an issue with the subject of your posting...

SpamCop did NOT block your email... You did. Granted it was based on
information they provided. But that's a lot different than SpamCop
actually doing the blocking.

Having run an RBL service before, I'm a bit sensitive to that kind of
statement.

I feel better now.....

Dennis

On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 15:47:31 -0400
  Rob Morin <rob at dido.ca> wrote:
>Is it possible to get a false positive back from spamcop.net's RBL ?
>
>I have been getting some complaints about spam being deleted, because
>it is seen as being on spamcop.nets list, so it gets a score of 10
>and gets deleted....
>
>here is an entry in my log file...
>
>Sep  7 03:36:57 peter MailScanner[15870]: RBL checks:
>2380E69001E.DFE12 found in spamcop.net
>Sep  7 03:36:58 peter MailScanner[15870]: Message 2380E69001E.DFE12
>from 66.249.82.232 (team4ss at gmail.com) to zonecom.ca is spam,
>spamcop.net, SpamAssassin (score=8.638, required 4, HTML_MESSAGE
>0.00, RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET 8.00, SARE_MSGID_LONG40 0.64)
>Sep  7 03:37:00 peter MailScanner[15870]: Spam Actions: message
>2380E69001E.DFE12 actions are delete
>
>I checked the IP and it was not listed. Is it possible to be listed
>at 7AM and then removed at 10AM? Plus its a gmail.com account/IP
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Thanks...
>
>--
>
>Rob Morin
>Dido InterNet Inc.
>Montreal, Canada
>Http://www.dido.ca
>514-990-4444
>
>--
>
>Before posting, read http://wiki.mailscanner.info/posting

Dennis Willson

taz at taz-mania.com
http://www.taz-mania.com

Ham: ka6lsw
Scuba: Rescue Diver, EANx, Wreck, Night, Alt, Equip, UW Photographer,
Gas Blender

Owner: Kepnet Internet Services

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a nice looking and well preserved body, but rather
to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming, "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!"