Anyone using zen.spamhaus.org?

Alex Neuman van der Hans alex at nkpanama.com
Thu Sep 7 15:25:01 IST 2006

Glenn Steen wrote:
> Why do you assume the spammers use an MTA that can handle a temp fail?
> The point of greylisting isn't "wait a bit", it is "retry if you're
> real":-).
> So Eds figures add up just fine.

If I may.... Some *actually do*. They use open relays (*truly* open or
"open to people on my network without AUTH" open, but that's a subject
of another thread by Muhammad Nauman), faked return addresses on
M-Sexchange servers that will bounce back to the intended victim, etc. -
so the server's they're *abusing* *are* legit.

That's where things like rbl's, SA (with razor/pyzor/dcc/SARE), and
other tools of the trade come in.