Anyone using zen.spamhaus.org?

Res res at ausics.net
Wed Sep 6 15:22:04 IST 2006

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006, Ed Bruce wrote:

> Interesting. I just added greylisting and my stats with MS reversed. I
> run MailWatch and when I would log in the morning I would have only
> 12-15% of email id as clean. Now it is regularly 75-80% clean. And so

ummm those figures are strange, you have 12-15% of clean mail accepting
all, but yet 75-80% on all accepted with greylisting.. that doesnt
compute, if it is true your SA rules need a major cleanup, else SA would
have got it in first place

> Actually I had the most trouble with foward and reverse DNS. I turned
> that off because my whitelist had grown to over a couple hundred
> entries. With greylisting I've only had to add 5 or 6 domains.

the vast majority of failed attempts come from no PTR's and those that
dont have them, tends to indicate lazy network admins so i wouldnt expect
them to take action on spammers either, I simply whitelisted .gov.au
in sendmail and qmail and alls been happy since, AOL also still do this i
understand, so the collateral damage cant be all that bad if tehy still do
it :)

--
Cheers
Res

"Just a world that we all must share, it's not enough just to stand and
stare, is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away" - Floyd