maq entry missing - large bayes database

Harondel J. Sibble mailscanner at PDSCC.COM
Sun Sep 3 19:42:50 IST 2006

On 30 Aug 2006 at 15:24, Scott Silva wrote:

> can you run ls -al /etc/MailScanner/bayes and post the output. You should only
> have 3 or 4 files in that directory. My bayes dir is much smaller;
> # du -h /etc/MailScanner/bayes/
> 32M     /etc/MailScanner/bayes/

There were literally thousands of files totalling 1.7gb....

:-(

So something is obviously wrong, in the end I just moved the files to a
directory under /var and tried running salearn with the expire and database
location switches, but it quickly runs through and says (from memory) there's
nothing to expire
--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting