OT: milter-link

Matt Hampton matt at coders.co.uk
Tue Oct 31 21:11:17 GMT 2006

Steve Freegard wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> Matt Hampton wrote:
>> (Antony seems to have the exact opposite approach to thinking to me ;-))
>
> I've had similar discussions with him....

Logic is somewhat screwed:  Email domains I relay for I don't want to
scan......

> 2) Use tagged access map entries (e.g. Connect:, From:, To: -- you
> should probably be doing this anyway soon as the untagged forms are
> deprecated and will disappear from Sendmail eventually), so your
> example.com would probably change to To:example.com RELAY or
> Connect:example.com RELAY - in which case at the top of the access map
> you can add: milter-link-To:   SKIP   or   milter-link-Connect:   SKIP.

Actually it was a bit of a combination - the email domain I was testing
from was also in the access map - so it was being whitelisted from the
sending address.  This explains why milter-link-To:example.com failed!

Head, wall, banging, of, lots - re-arrange!

I have moved all of my access map over to the To: format (I love having
all of my maps generated from a database - just an update on the
database and 10 minutes late it has propagated to all of my servers :-) )

cheers for the pointer

Matt

(PS Haven't forgot your feature request - have been snowed under in the
real world....)