OT: MS Exchange Alternatives

Budi Febrianto febrianto at sioenasia.com
Tue Oct 31 03:55:34 GMT 2006

mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info wrote on 10/20/2006 06:21:07 PM:

> [...]
Collaboration

> Having used Lotus Notes, I would say that it is a very clever piece of
> software, especially with regards to replication of databases.  However
> the one problem is that it has such an appalling piece of client software

> for mail that I would never recommend it to anyone.  It was just broken
in
> so many ways - folders that could be created but not deleted, moving mail

> to folders in some situations would delete the mail, problems with
editing
> an original message when copied into a reply, and so on.
>
> Regards
>
> Jim Holland
> System Administrator
> MANGO - Zimbabwe's non-profit e-mail service

      I've been using lotus domino/notes from release 4.11 and have no
problem with that. The problem is that lack on spam detection... only have
rbl and limited blacklist system (Not sure for release 7), that why I use
MailScanner.
But, if you only want to use emails, don't use lotus/domino. Just too much
for that.