OT: MS Exchange Alternatives

Jim Holland mailscanner at mango.zw
Fri Oct 20 12:21:07 IST 2006

> > > We did an investigation into Exchange, Lotus and Oracle Collaboration
> > > Suite. These three were chosen because we had the experience with all
> > > three systems in one way or another.
> > >
> > > OCS came out best. Lotus was second and Exchange came last. We had some
> > > errors in the investigation corrected (by Microsoft) and Exchange came
> > > in second.

Having used Lotus Notes, I would say that it is a very clever piece of
software, especially with regards to replication of databases.  However
the one problem is that it has such an appalling piece of client software
for mail that I would never recommend it to anyone.  It was just broken in
so many ways - folders that could be created but not deleted, moving mail
to folders in some situations would delete the mail, problems with editing
an original message when copied into a reply, and so on.

Regards

Jim Holland
System Administrator
MANGO - Zimbabwe's non-profit e-mail service