F-Prot integration into mailscanner

Res res at ausics.net
Mon Oct 30 22:42:10 GMT 2006

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006, Sven De Troch wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 13:57:27 +0100, Sven De Troch
> <sven at sitehosting.be> wrote:
>

>> I do have a postmaster alias, redirected to root,
>> BUT I'm using that machine as a relay to another mailserver
>> (smarthost). It seems that the system is not accepting this (since
>> redirecting postmaster to /dev/null (as a test, I know it's not RFC
>> compliant) is working fine.
>>
>> Can someone tell me how to instruct sendmail that it has to deliver
>> postmaster (or root) mail locally, while having all other mail
>> delivered to the smarthost?
>
> And I found it: needed to add the following to sendmail config:
> define(`SMART_CLASS_NOT', `mylocaldomain') dnl dont smart these
> domains

Sven,
I trust this is now all OK?
I am surprised that what Jim told you to do did not resolve it, as it
should have because Sendmail will never forward to anywhere, any domain
listed in the local-host-names file.

What does your sendmail.cf file think this is?
  grep Fw sendmailcf
that will show you what your local host file is.
Some distros have a good habbit of customising way too much, trying to be
more like M$ :)

--
Cheers
Res

"Just a world that we all must share, it's not enough just to stand and
stare, is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away" - Floyd