MS 4.55.9 not detecting Mail::ClamAV

Res res at ausics.net
Sat Oct 28 22:58:24 IST 2006

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006, TCIS List Acct wrote:

> Dave Shariff Yadallee - System Administrator a.k.a. The Root of the Problem
> wrote:
>
>> Clamav rock AFAIK.
>
> Yes, it rocks and the rolls over under heavy load.. :-)

hehe, did you ever run both at same time? we did on our secondary mx for
a while, f-prot had a better hit rate then clamav.

on one of our hosting servers one mth-f#r sent a rootkit, that used with
qmail and qmailscan (which quarantines infections) clamav PASSED!

manual run on clamscan on it and still passed, manual run of f-prot on it
and it detected it, it was that which prompted me to piss off
clamav and use f-prot everywhere (and remind me i had one server that i
had not yet put mailscanner on lol)

The sad thing is, that rootkit had been around for at least 2 years!

--
Cheers
Res

"Just a world that we all must share, it's not enough just to stand and
stare, is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away" - Floyd