MS 4.55.9 not detecting Mail::ClamAV

René Berber r.berber at computer.org
Sat Oct 28 01:38:26 IST 2006

Res wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Oct 2006, René Berber wrote:
>
>> I think Martin is wrong and the MS documentation does recommend using
>> the perl
>> module for performance reasons.
>
> The perl module cant handle constantly large batches, it used to bail
> all the time, although clamscan itself handled it with high loading,
> installed f-prot and rarely a splirt on the load above spamassassin.
[snip]

Interesting info.  Perhaps it is time to _change_ the clamav wrapper and start
using clamdscan, why? two reasons:

1. To handle high loads, like Res' experience shows.  Some actual experience
with clamdscan would be useful; it is designed for situations like the ones
where MS works (perhaps this is the 3rd reason).

2. To use when there are no alternatives, f-prot is good for Linux servers but
what is available for Solaris/BSD/OS-X/etc. ?
--
René Berber