MS 4.55.9 not detecting Mail::ClamAV

Res res at ausics.net
Sat Oct 28 01:07:36 IST 2006

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006, René Berber wrote:

> I think Martin is wrong and the MS documentation does recommend using the perl
> module for performance reasons.

The perl module cant handle constantly large batches, it used to bail all
the time, although clamscan itself handled it with high loading, installed
f-prot and rarely a splirt on the load above spamassassin.

<unintended advert>
f-prot might not be free but its worth every cent, the server could
handle several times what it used to, disable SA and it quadruples again.
</unintended advert>

Incidently for those who remember me abusing spamassassin... once I
removed dcc on the problem server, the problem rarely became an issue,
SA is still overall not super fast, but with all those rules i spose
somthing gota give :)

--
Cheers
Res

"Just a world that we all must share, it's not enough just to stand and
stare, is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away" - Floyd