MailScanner/Postfix question

Pete Russell pete at enitech.com.au
Fri Oct 27 23:00:38 IST 2006

> Thanks guys. The reason I haven't upgraded is that things are working
> now and I'd hate
> to mess everything up. The main reason I want to upgrade Postfix is so I
> can use greylisting.
> My current version doesn't have the check_policy_service feature. I'll
> probably just wait
> a bit and do some testing before upgrading.
>
> Thanks again,
> Rod

I am the same as you, but following the guide for upgrades in the wiki
(on an rpm based machine) is VERY simple, will take you 10-15min. Part
of that guide is making a backup so worst case is you roll back to your
old version.

Upgrade MailScanner first, then clamav-sa using Jules package - its
pretty simple, it will surprise you. Make sure you watch the screen for
instructions at the end of each task. Ask on the list if you get stuck.

I havent upgrade postfix for ages for the same reason but i intend to
this week.