MailScanner/Postfix question

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 19:17:39 IST 2006

On 27/10/06, Rodney Green <rgreen at trayerproducts.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using MailScanner version 4.37.7 and Postfix 2.0.20. Does anyone
> foresee any problems with an upgrade to the latest version of Postfix,
> without upgrading MailScanner?
>
> Thanks,
> Rod

Since that old version there have been a slew of patches geared at
(better) postfix support (for newer versions of PF).
So yes, I'd guess there is a good chance of problems. The exact nature
is more than I remember:-).
Why not make it one big happy newly updated system, and throw in
updates ofr Clam/SA (use Jules package, it is very nice) as well as
MailScanner;-).

Or do you have some compelling reason to stick with that version?
If you have a free host, why not set up a testbed and run things
through on that first? That way you'd know what to expect:-).

Cheers,
--
-- Glenn