OT : Disaster recovery?

Colocation Colocation telehouse at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 26 18:35:56 IST 2006

I was considering virtualisation (xen enterprise) but really it didnt make
sense unless i had at least two machines.

I agree it would be absolutely awesome because you can just instant
snapshots and save them as backups. You can also bounce vm's between
physical servers quite easily, maintaining service regardless of hardware
failures! I believe you can do LIVE transfers which manages to switch stuff
even during live transactions with something like a 200ms switch over point.

I also the the idea of building beefy boxes so that i can consolidate
web-servers, e-mail servers and database servers all together. You can then
ofcourse add additional servers and transfer vm's around as your needs
change.