Postfix Users (and Outlook users)

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Oct 26 17:18:32 IST 2006

Peter Russell spake the following on 10/25/2006 2:58 PM:
> Postfix:
> I was hoping that since there is so many Postfix users using MS we could
> get an updated discussion on what everyone is doing at the MTA level
> with regards to
> a) stopping spam at the MTA
> b) 3rd party anti spam defences - greylisting?
> c) specific configs - like the example in the wiki - a dual postfix
> instance that splits multi recipients messages
> d) tip and tricks - what have you added to your config that you think
> could benefit others.
>
> I will happily collate the discussion and add it to the wiki.
>
> The reason i am asking is because we are receiving so much more spam, so
> many more complaints from users and i want to consider some of the
> options available at the MTA - eg a postfix version of greet-pause
> sounds good because i dont think we could go for greylisting, at least
> not at the minute.
>
> Outlook:
> Also we have always stopped low spam on the server, but the business is
> asking us to deliver it with a modified subject. All of our users are
> outlook users - does any one have any experience with delivering this
> mail, creating a global rule to deliver anything with [SPAM] in the
> subject to Junk mail and letting users use Junk mail controls to handle
> it? Relying on users to create rules etc is not an option, a lot of them
> are academics.
>
> Many thanks and regards
> Pete

I just send the low scoring stuff through, not only spam tagged, but as an
attachment, so the users aren't surprised by things if they have the message
preview window open. It just adds an extra layer to the opening of the junk.

Most of the users just delete the tagged stuff, unless they are expecting
something.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and