Postfix Users (and Outlook users)

Peter Russell pete at enitech.com.au
Wed Oct 25 22:58:19 IST 2006

Postfix:
I was hoping that since there is so many Postfix users using MS we could
get an updated discussion on what everyone is doing at the MTA level
with regards to
a) stopping spam at the MTA
b) 3rd party anti spam defences - greylisting?
c) specific configs - like the example in the wiki - a dual postfix
instance that splits multi recipients messages
d) tip and tricks - what have you added to your config that you think
could benefit others.

I will happily collate the discussion and add it to the wiki.

The reason i am asking is because we are receiving so much more spam, so
many more complaints from users and i want to consider some of the
options available at the MTA - eg a postfix version of greet-pause
sounds good because i dont think we could go for greylisting, at least
not at the minute.

Outlook:
Also we have always stopped low spam on the server, but the business is
asking us to deliver it with a modified subject. All of our users are
outlook users - does any one have any experience with delivering this
mail, creating a global rule to deliver anything with [SPAM] in the
subject to Junk mail and letting users use Junk mail controls to handle
it? Relying on users to create rules etc is not an option, a lot of them
are academics.

Many thanks and regards
Pete