Amazing number of bounces

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Tue Oct 24 23:41:13 IST 2006

Quoting Alex Neuman <alex at nkpanama.com>:

> Steve Campbell escribió:
> > I don't know if anyone else is getting attacked like my domains are,
> > but these "Rave reviews ..." emails are being returned at a very
> > alarming rate. I am seeing the bounces from all of these mailservers
> > who don't check anything apparently, and even though none so far are
> > from my IPs, they send them back to the return address. What a golden
> > opportunity to promote the no-bounce idea that Julian has forever
> > preached.
> >
> > And BTW, has anyone else figured out how to handle these other than
> > killing the blank return address emails?
> >
> > Steve Campbell
> > campbell at cnpapers.com
> > Charleston Newspapers
> >

> Greylisting? Throttling?
> --

I guess that might work, but these are valid (in the sense that the original
recipient is invalid) bounces and will probably keep on coming at me. I think I
know the answer - there is no real answer other than killing off the bounces. I
sort of was just venting about these useless "postmasters" who don't check SPF,
IPs, HELOs, and all the other stuff before they turn the mail around back to
some innocent recipient. These are coming back from everywhere and aren't
originating here.

OK, I feel better.

Thanks though.

Steve