OT: Spamhaus petition rejected - followup from previous discussion

Michael Masse mrm at medicine.wisc.edu
Tue Oct 24 01:48:42 IST 2006

http://management.silicon.com/government/0,39024677,39163463,00.htm

I'm certainly no lawyer, but how could there even be a hint of a case
for something like this?    I'm not aware of any email systems that
force anyone to use Spamhaus, or any spam deterrent software for that
matter.  I C H O O S E to run MailScanner, SpamAssassin, etc... and if I
decide to trust that software to detect spam for me, then it's MY
responsibility if something goes wrong, and in this case it sounds like
the e360 insight domain is a true spammer anyways, so what grounds could
they possibly be trying to stand on?

Mike