How does MailScanner docide which spamassassin rules dir to use

Anthony Cartmell ajcartmell at fonant.com
Mon Oct 23 09:46:18 IST 2006

> As good a method as any...:-). What rules differed? Only bayes, or
> distinct others?

All rules in /etc/mail/spamassassin were run, no rules in
/var/lib/spamassassin/<version> were. That included all the default
spamassassin rules, including the bayes ones.

> Ok, so both you and Kai have installed SA by way of some RPM package
> you yummed (?)... If so, perhaps one should start wondering if there
> is a slightly crippled SA rpm floating around... Did you try Jules
> (excellent and easy) clamav+sa package?

Nope, since I now have everything working OK using the Fedora Core package
of spamassassin, I'm leaving it that way.  The only issue was including
/var/lib/spamassassin, and "use"ing one spamassassin package for FuzzyOcr.

Cheers!

Anthony
--
www.fonant.com - Quality web sites