How does MailScanner docide which spamassassin rules dir to use

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 23:50:38 IST 2006

On 20/10/06, Anthony Cartmell <ajcartmell at fonant.com> wrote:
> > How did you determine that it was using /usr/share/spamassassin & not
> > /var/lib/spamassassin/3.001005/?
>
> In my case, by comparing the scores given to a spam message by MailScanner
> and by spamassassin run manually. The manual spamassassin run gave a much
> higher score as it was using more rules. Checking which the extra rules
> were lead me to the conclusion that the /var/lib/spamassassin/<version>
> tree wasn't being used by MailScanner.

As good a method as any...:-). What rules differed? Only bayes, or
distinct others?

Ok, so both you and Kai have installed SA by way of some RPM package
you yummed (?)... If so, perhaps one should start wondering if there
is a slightly crippled SA rpm floating around... Did you try Jules
(excellent and easy) clamav+sa package? Did it help?

Cheers (well, in a nice glass of light beer... I'm working all weekend... Sigh)
--
-- Glenn