FuzzyOcr working but not via MailScanner: Fixed!

Anthony Cartmell ajcartmell at fonant.com
Fri Oct 20 23:14:23 IST 2006

> I've now added MailScanner.conf to have:
>
> SpamAssassin Default Rules Dir = /var/lib/spamassassin/3.001003
>
> And all the rules are now being run :)
>
> It's not entirely clear how spamassassin knows to use this directory
> normally, but obviously MailScanner needs to know about it too.

The fix to actually get FuzzyOcr working via MailScanner was to add in
"use Mail::SpamAssassin::Timeout;" at the top of FuzzyOcr.pm. It seems
that this isn't included by MailScanner whereas it is included by
command-line spamassassin.

Found by running MailScanner with Debug = yes and Debug SpamAssassin = yes
(now why didn't I think of that before!?).

Cheers!

Anthony
--
www.fonant.com - Quality web sites