FuzzyOcr working but not via MailScanner: Fixed?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Oct 18 23:30:00 IST 2006

Anthony Cartmell spake the following on 10/18/2006 2:16 PM:
> OK, getting somewhere now.
>
> The rules in /etc/mail/spamassassin were getting run OK but rules in
> /var/lib/spamassassin/3.001003 were missed when MailScanner runs.
>
> I've now added MailScanner.conf to have:
>
> SpamAssassin Default Rules Dir = /var/lib/spamassassin/3.001003
>
> And all the rules are now being run :)
>
> It's not entirely clear how spamassassin knows to use this directory
> normally, but obviously MailScanner needs to know about it too.
>
> Cheers!

Because there is a lot of glue code in spamc and spamd that mailscanner
doesn't use because of its call straight to the perl API's. It adds a lot of
speed, but does have a few drawbacks, like the one you have found.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and