OT: Reject non local users with sendmail, help

Res res at ausics.net
Fri Oct 20 06:47:56 IST 2006

Hi,

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006, Derek Catanzaro wrote:

> Does anyone out there have a working Reject non local users setup using
> sendmail?  I have pulled all the recipient names via LDAP and cannot find

Sendmail does this by default, if its not told to relay for X then it
wont.

The first lines of your access file should be to relay for YOU and YOUR
ip's, if that file does not exist it wont matter, it just wont relay.

make sure your local-host-names file is OK.

> If anyone can provide any help on this I would greatly appreciate it.  An
> example of what you did in the /etc/mail/access file or an example of what

An example of one of my boxes is:

localhost.localdomain           RELAY
localhost                       RELAY
ausics.net                      RELAY
124.148.3			RELAY
GreetPause:127.0.0.1            0
GreetPause:ausics.net           0
GreetPause:124.148.3	        0

...after those lines I have other hosts I relay for and a bucket load of
rejected domains :)

oh and local-host-names file contains each domain i relay for, one each
line....

I dont use LDAP but my sendmail.mc file is available offlist if you want
it.

--
Cheers
Res

"Just a world that we all must share, it's not enough just to stand and
stare, is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away" - Floyd