OT: Reject non local users with sendmail, help

Derek Catanzaro derek at adcatanzaro.com
Fri Oct 20 05:44:33 IST 2006

Does anyone out there have a working Reject non local users setup using
sendmail?  I have pulled all the recipient names via LDAP and cannot
find what I need to do next.  Basically, I want to only allow mail to
the users I have listed in my relay_recipients file.  There are plenty
of posts on this for postfix and other MTA's but I need this to work
with sendmail.  I really need to limit the load my servers are seeing
right now because it has been causing a small backup for the past week
from time to time.  If I have to go through another day switching back
and forth from my primary and secondary mailscanner servers issuing a
"service MailScanner stop" then startout, then check_MailScanner (did
this for several hours today) I'm gonna go nuts.

If anyone can provide any help on this I would greatly appreciate it.
An example of what you did in the /etc/mail/access file or an example of
what you had to put in your /etc/mail/sendmail.mc would be great.  Also
if the relay_recipients file should contain anything other than
"jdoe at domain.com   OK" that would be good to know as well.  Thanks for
the help.

MailScanner 4.49.7
sendmail 8.13.5