A way to start all children at once?

Res res at ausics.net
Wed Oct 18 13:44:46 IST 2006

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006, TCIS List Acct wrote:

> We run fairly high-volume MS boxes (500-600,000 messages per day per box) and
> many times when we need to re-start the MS processes, the children take a
> good
> long while (we have 40-50 children starting per box) to initially start.  It
> would be nice if MS could have a setting to start all of the child processes
> at
> once rather than staggering the startup.

in the main MailScanner perl file there are a couple sleep commands, I too
found that 11 seconds was too long with our loads, I shortened them to 5
and things looked much better

--
Cheers
Res

"Just a world that we all must share, it's not enough just to stand and
stare, is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away" - Floyd