Anyone using FuzzyOCR?

Ken ka at pacific.net
Tue Oct 17 05:42:47 IST 2006

We are using both ImageInfo and Fuzzyocr at the moment. Fuzzyocr does
use quite a bit of resources, running gocr multiple times on each image,
but it does work well and it does stop the image spam, though I don't
much like feeding images to complex executables for obvious reasons...
Also, much of the current image spam I'm seeing is designed to evade
ocr, so it's getting very difficult to match, even with Fuzzyocr, and
probably partly because of Fuzzyocr. ImageInfo is good too, and hits a
lot of spam. The default scoring seems a bit high, but that's easy
enough to change. There has been a significant increase in image spam
since last week, so this is a hot topic!
Ken A
Pacific.Net