SOLVED: Re: mailscanner hangs on automatic restart {Scanned}

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Fri Oct 13 21:56:41 IST 2006

Glenn Steen wrote:
>> I didn't have a plugin directory, so just made one.  For that line,
>> should I append the filename on it too, like this:
>>  loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::ImageInfo
>> /etc/mail/spamassassin/plugin/ImageInfo.pm
>> or just
>>  loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::ImageInfo
>> /etc/mail/spamassassin/plugin
>> (watch the line wrap)
>
> I didn't have to do anything like that. Just plopped it into my Plugin
> directory (mine was something like
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/<version>/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin ... At
> home, VPN still "bad", so thats entirely from my lossy memory:-).
> It wouldn't cost you anything to try the latter... If it fails (check
> with a lint), just tag on ImageInfo.pm at the end...

I figured it was probably pretty simple like that, but did a 'locate
plugin' and didn't turn up anything.  Guess I should have tried 'locate
Plugin' (capitol P).  But that's OK.  Today I'm a tiny bit more educated
than yesterday, and spam is down just a tad bit more so overall it's a
net gain.  I did run lint and it barfed so I added the name to the end
of the path and it loads just dapper now.  Not sure what exactly it does
that catches image spam, but I'm sure it's doing something.

I'll see how it goes for a couple weeks and if needs be toss in the the
FuzzyOCR module as well.  Hopefully I'll have similar results to yours
and not need the extra overhead.

Have a great weekend all...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500