In Log Watch

Rick Chadderdon mailscanner at yeticomputers.com
Fri Oct 13 21:33:49 IST 2006

Checking the headers, I find that your message with the subject "In Log
Watch" had an "In-Reply-To:" field of
"<452F516E.5080408 at netmagicsolutions.com>".  The message in my client
with that ID was from  Dhawal Doshy and had the subject "Re: URIBL not
as effective as it was".

The "In-Reply-To" header normally gets set through the reply function of
your mail client.  I've done this myself when I wasn't sure of the
correct list address.  However, a thread-savvy mail client will quite
happily insert your message into an existing thread - even if you change
the subject line after hitting reply.  Nowadays, if I can't remember the
list address, I'll hit reply, copy the address from the reply, close the
reply and start a new message, pasting in the address from the reply.

I forgot during last month's discussion of autoresponders, though, so I
know how easy it is.

Rick