spam getting through without even being checked

Chris Yuzik itdept at fractalweb.com
Fri Oct 13 20:55:31 IST 2006

Michael Baird wrote:
> Ensim uses custom MailScanner startup scripts, they've actually
> seperated the MailScanner and Sendmail somewhat. With Ensim, you must
> restart both MailScanner "service MailScanner restart" and "service
> sendmail restart", the MailScanner init doesn't start both (If you are
> using it the Ensim delivered way). But again, MailScanner doesn't do
> anything for spam on Ensim (unless you modify it, beyond their setup).

Michael,

Ok, now I think we're getting somewhere. So is it the MailScanner
startup script that's supposed to start up sendmail? Perhaps what Andy
and I need to do is modify this so that MailScanner starts sendmail
instead of the system starting it directly? Looking forward to your
thoughts!

Regards,
Chris