MS/SA Installed - How is it working?

Daniel Straka dstraka at caspercollege.edu
Thu Oct 12 20:32:07 IST 2006

This kind of goes along with Chris Yuzik's post "spam getting through
without even being checked" (see below).

So I've got MS running with SA. It seems to be doing OK, but how do I
know?
 Yes, I bought the book.
I would like to know...
How to tell if MS is running well?
How to tell if SA running well?
What maintenance is required?
When should I tweak MS?
When should I tweak SA?
What are essential SA tweaks?
How do I tweak SA?
How about a MS/SA crash course (tips) from the experts?

>>> Chris Yuzik <itdept at fractalweb.com> 10/12/2006 1:04 PM >>>
Hi Everyone,

We're now having a problem where (blatant!) spam is getting through our

server, apparently without even being checked by MailScanner. Our
custom
headers haven't been added and this is VERY spammy. That said, a lot of

spam is being blocked by MailScanner.

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this. Help!

Thanks,
Chris

This message has been scanned for viruses
and dangerous content by MailScanner at
caspercollege.edu and is believed to be clean.