OT: Scanning outgoing mail

Matt Hampton matt at coders.co.uk
Fri Oct 6 16:44:39 IST 2006

> Does mailwatch log these messages too?  If so how do these entries show
> up simply as:
> From					To
> Subject
> Internal email address		External email address

Sort of - MailWatch doesn't know the difference between internal and
externally sourced mail.  It will just show up exactly the same as your
exisiting mail.

> For you exchange admins:
> I could research it, but to save time is someone willing to answer this
> question if you know it quickly.
> How do you foward exchange emails to the mailscanner machine.

Your looking for the SmartHost

http://www.amset.info/exchange/smtp-connector.asp gives you a step by step

> What settings on the MailScanner machine do you have to make for it to
> accept them, any?

In your accessmap you will need to allow your Exchange server to relay.

XX.YY.AA.BB	RELAY

(obviously that assumes you have sendmail)

> I am sorry for so many questions, but I have not seen this covered.

matt