Bouncing Specific Addresses With Mailer Table Setup

Dennis Willson taz at taz-mania.com
Wed Oct 4 22:42:56 IST 2006

I have the setup (sendmail/MailScanner/SpamAssassin/ClamAV/Mailwatch
mail hub in front of a CommunigatePro mail server). I use SMF-SAV
milter to do the user verification. It uses the mailer table and then
asks Communicate if that user exists before accepting the email and if
that users doesn't exist, it rejects with a "550 5.1.1 Sorry, no
mailbox here with that name" error. It works really well. It can also
do Sender Address Verification where it looks up the mx record for the
sending email address domain and then goes and asks that mail server
if the sending username really exists, if not it rejects the email.
Either of those functions can be disabled and there is the ability to
enter Whitelists.

Hope this helps.

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 14:30:56 -0500
  "Cameron B. Prince" <cplists at princeservices.com> wrote:
>Hey guys,
>
>I have a client who is using MailScanner as a front-end for
>CommuniGate via
>mailertable. We have old, long since removed addresses that are
>constantly
>being spammed. We would like to maintain a list of those bad
>addresses on
>the MailScanner side that would cause them to be bounced before even
>being
>processed by MailScanner. Could anyway tell me if this is possible?
>
>Basically I would like to mimic the behavior of the "error:nouser
>User
>Unknown" entry in the virtusertable of a normal configuration.
>
>Thanks,
>Cameron
>
>--
>
>Before posting, read http://wiki.mailscanner.info/posting

Dennis Willson

taz at taz-mania.com
http://www.taz-mania.com

Ham: ka6lsw
Scuba: Rescue Diver, EANx, Wreck, Night, Alt, Equip, UW Photographer,
Gas Blender

Owner: Kepnet Internet Services

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a nice looking and well preserved body, but rather
to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming, "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!"