Logwatch Update

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Wed Oct 4 16:22:08 IST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ryan Weaver" <ryanw at falsehope.com>
To: "'MailScanner discussion'" <mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info>
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2006 7:08 AM
Subject: RE: Logwatch Update

 I just upgraded the logwatch on my CentOS 3 machine from the link above. A
general pair of questions about all of this:

1. I run the cron.daily logwatch and would like to email myself when this is
run. Cron seems to want to run this and mail to root. I changed the
logwatch.conf file (in a few different places) to "mailto" my address, but
it still mails to root. Anyone know which of the four or five logwatch.conf
files will correct this?

2. If I upgraded, what do I do with the file attached in the earlier posts?
I do see ClamAV and other new stuff in the report, but will the attached
file make a difference in what I get with the off-the-shelf RPM from above?

Thanks

Steve