Help needed with mailscanner

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Wed Oct 4 14:29:40 IST 2006

mail:/# uname -a
Linux mail 2.4.25-bf2.4-lit #2 Tue Feb 24 16:40:45 WST 2004 i686 GNU/Linux
mail:/# cat /etc/debian_version
3.1

I suspect that Mailscanner, Mailwatch, Perl and Sophos are on the same server and php, mysql is on another server (RH7).

Jon

Jon Miller wrote:
 > mail:/# spamassassin -V
 > SpamAssassin version 3.0.3
 >   running on Perl version 5.8.4

The latest version of SpamAssasin is 3.1.5.  I would suggest that you
upgrade and activate sa-update.

How you upgrade really depends on how it was installed in the first place.

Julian produces a very useful combined installation package that
installs the latest versions of MailScanner, ClamAV and SpamAssassin in
one go.

But you can get very screwy results if you try to upgrade by a different
method than the one you used in the first place.  Do you know how this
was installed?  What OS are you on?

--
Anthony Peacock
"If you have an apple and I have  an apple and we  exchange apples