mailscanner hangs on automatic restart {Scanned}

Drew Marshall drew at technologytiger.net
Wed Oct 4 08:42:21 IST 2006

On Wed, October 4, 2006 01:52, Henry Hollenberg wrote:
>>> Are you suggesting I change the locktype?
>>>
>>> It did hang again last night, and bayesian db is working now as is
>>> pyzor and razor, so I don't think they are hanging things up.
>>>
>> No, changing the locktype shouldn't affect your situation, since you
>> use Postfix...
>> What might be happening would be if some stray non-queue file end up
>> in the hold queue. Check that that isn't happening.
>> Depending on what you find, you should be able to determine if that is
>> it, and if so... what is responsible for putting it there:-).
>> Might be razor still being a bit confused where the logfile should go
>> (fix is to make sure it knows where too put it by way of the
>> razor-agent.conf file setting... and making sure the postfix user can
>> write where you say it should go), or perhaps the tnef expander
>> placing a file wrong... (don't remember the fix for that... Search the
>> archives, it has cropped up before... Perhaps switch to the internal
>> one).
>>
>> HtH
>>

> Oh!, like the razor-agent file? :

Yup, just like that. Never one to say told you so but... :-)

Having said that, you have fixed the cause so delete that one (Oh I see
from your next message you have. Nice to see you are continuing the
tradition of Postfix users replying to themselves ;-) Keep up the good
work :-> )

You shuld now have few (No?) problems and a damn sight less Spam.

Regards

Drew