New Batch: found 200 messages waiting, Number keeps increasing

Mike Kercher mike at vesol.com
Wed Oct 4 04:50:28 IST 2006

mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info <> scribbled on :

>> What kind of firewall do you have in place?
>>
>> Mike
>> --
>>
> No firewall running on my linux box.  Security is
> administered elsewhere by my WAN group.  I have the following
> ports opened for this server:
>
>     *
>       Regular tcp SMTP port (25) (of course...)
>     *
>       Razor2 tcp ports 2703 and 7 (outgoing)
>     *
>       Pyzor udp port 24441 (outgoing)
>     *
>       DCC udp port 6277 (outgoing)
>     *
>       Of course, DNS ports (outgoing)
>
> Derek

I wonder if that might be part of your problem.  I've read where certain
PIX firewalls and Cisco routers with older IOS versions can cause
problems such as your timeout issues.  I'd also suspect that the
spamassassin timeouts are due to sluggish DNS queries.  Are you using
any RBL's in your MailScanner.conf?  If so, try disabling those and see
if your queue processes any faster.

Mike