Grep Patterns for MailScanner Statistics

Dennis Willson taz at taz-mania.com
Wed Nov 29 23:34:35 GMT 2006

You could use MailWatch and then use its built-in report generator and
if there's something you need that isn't there it's really easy to add
since all the information is logged in an SQL database.

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 14:58:46 -0800
  Mark Nienberg <gmane at tippingmar.com> wrote:
>Daniel Straka wrote:
>>I've been trying to find a grep pattern to use with the mail log file
>>get an accurate count of:
>>1. Total Incoming Messages: (I'm using sendmail), been using (grep -c
>>"daemon=MTA" mail)
>>2. Total Outgoing Messages: been using (grep -c "to=<" mail)
>>3. Messages identified as spam by MailScanner: been using (grep -c
>>"actions are delete" mail)
>>4. Total number of messages sent and received: help!
>>Does anyone have a list of grep patterns they use and would like to
>>share?
>
>Easiest thing would be to download the latest version of logwatch and
>look at the patterns in there.  It is written in perl, so easy to
>understand.  Or maybe you would be satisfied with the logwatch report
>for MailScanner and wouldn't even have to write your own.
>
>Mark Nienberg
>
>--
>
>Before posting, read http://wiki.mailscanner.info/posting

Dennis Willson

taz at taz-mania.com
http://www.taz-mania.com

Ham (Extra Class): ka6lsw
Scuba: Rescue Diver, EANx, Wreck, Night, Alt, Equip, UW Photographer,
Gas Blender

Owner: Kepnet Internet Services

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a nice looking and well preserved body, but rather
to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming, "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!"