Allowing .bmp files

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Tue Nov 28 17:45:41 GMT 2006

Hi there -

Several of our users get messages with .bmp files included as attachments. The
current settings of our MailScanner/ClamAV configuration

does not allow these files to get through. The request has been made to allow
these files. To allow this, my plan was to modify the filename.rules.conf

file by commenting out the following line:

deny     \.bmp$              Windows bitmap...

After that, my next step would be adding the following line further down in the
file:

allow     \.bmp$              -           -

After that, I would restart the mail server. Will this approach work, or is
there a better way? Thanks.