OT: Spamcop BL - good or dangerous?

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Wed Nov 29 19:02:23 GMT 2006

On Wednesday November 29, 2006 at 10:57:45 (AM) Arthur Sherman wrote:

> The address that was blocked belongs to spamassassin.apache.org, not to me.
>
> The address you mention (netvision.net.il) is my ISP, and has nothing to do
> with my server, which is cpt.co.il

My mistake; however, it might have been beneficial if you had stated the
domain or IP that was causing you grief.

I did some preliminary checking and all that I can deduce with a quick
perusal is that your domain appears to be in violation of three RFC's.

RFC1035
RFC2142
RFC2182

Nothing serious, just mostly BS crap. However, the one regarding mail
delivery might be worth looking into.

You were also listed under on blacklisting service when I initially
checked; however, it was gone when I rechecked it a half hour later. I
don't know what that means.

You can get a record of who is reporting you from SpamCop if you are
willing to take the time. I run a mailing list and have contacted them a
few times over the past three years. I never had a serious problem. In
two cases it was because a subscriber had forwarded a piece of mail to
another individual who did not want to receive it. They then reported it
as SPAM. For what its worth, I now only use 'VERP' when sending group
mail.

--
Gerard