OT: Spamcop BL - good or dangerous?

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Wed Nov 29 18:47:11 GMT 2006

Gerard Seibert wrote:
> On Wednesday November 29, 2006 at 11:17:38 (AM) Matt Kettler wrote:
>
>> While this may be true, you're also missing the main point.
>>
>> SpamCop *does* list legitimate servers. To believe otherwise is delusional.
>
> I concur with the basis of your analogy; however, that does not address
> the fact that the OP is using an improperly configured mailserver. That
> OP is just asking to be BL'd. I suspect that he does not possess a
> static IP and is attempting to send via his ISP's network while
> bypassing the ISP's servers.

Erm.. What OP are you talking about Gerard?

The OP of this thread, Arthur Sherman, *DID* use his ISP's mailserver. It's even
got proper RDNS and Ipwhois.

Take a look and the Received:

	(Sun Java System Messaging Server 6.2-6.01 (built Apr  3 2006))
	with ESMTP id <0J9H00979P187L10 at mxout5.netvision.net.il> for
	mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info;
	Wed, 29 Nov 2006 13:24:45 +0200 (IST)

And, the OP isn't even complaining about *HIS* mail being blocked, he's
complaining about spamassassin.apache.org being blocked while trying to send TO him!