Help - New version not storing spam in quarantine

Gordon Colyn gordon at itnt.co.za
Tue Nov 28 09:58:51 GMT 2006

Thanks, all sorted

----- Original Message -----
From: "Res" <res at ausics.net>
To: "MailScanner discussion" <mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info>
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 9:14 AM
Subject: Re: Help - New version not storing spam in quarantine

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006, Gordon Colyn wrote:

> ok, thanks.
>
> Where do I  rm the sylink ?

If you are useing the source rollback is as simple as
cd /opt
rm MailScanner
ln -s MailScanner-last-stable-version/ MailScanner

and restarting MS of course :)

RPM can't not be done this way because it doesn't use this method,
useing the tarball is far more efficient, dead simple for
upgrades and emergency rollbacks and most importantly backups, all taking
literally only a few seconds. Even on my RPM based machines I use
tarballs.

--
Cheers
Res

"Just a world that we all must share, it's not enough just to stand and
stare, is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away" - Floyd