Botnet 0.4 Spam Assassin plugin

John Rudd jrudd at ucsc.edu
Mon Nov 27 23:26:37 GMT 2006

Furnish, Trever G wrote:

> [...]

Only if they trust YOUR mail server.  If they don't have your server
listed in their Spam Assassin Trusted Networks, then the host their
Botnet plugin will look at will be YOUR mail server, not the address of
your client.  Botnet doesn't look at _EVERY_ received header (the way
the RBL functions in SA do).  It only looks at the untrusted received
headers, and only the first one (after skipping any in the
botnet_skip_ip list).  Looking at _every_ received header, or even every
untrusted received header, wouldn't have made sense.

I don't know about you, but I don't have anyone outside of my own
servers (not even the IPs within my own network, but outside of my
server subnet) listed as "trusted networks".  Therefore, my Botnet
install will not look at the IP's of your users.  It will only look at
the IP of your mail server.  It wont care one little bit about the IP
addresses of your users.