70k mqueue.in but load under 1 ??

Res res at ausics.net
Mon Nov 27 22:51:36 GMT 2006

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006, Furnish, Trever G wrote:

>> To get through them now just disable spam assassin and sighup
>> mailscanner, else things will only get worse.
>
> That's a bit drastic.  In my case I'm still looking for the reason MS+SA
> are slower than normal, but if I turn off SA I may as well turn off MS
> too -- without SA, MS catches almost nothing.

It depends on how critical it is for those 70K+ emails to be delivered
in a timely manor.

one thing that could be tried is disable all the auto learn and bayes
stuff in spam.assassin.prefs this can speed up SA by a factor of 10

> I added SBL+XBL at the MTA level and my queue size is now dropping
> again.  Shockingly (to me) SBL+XBL is blocking a *very* large percentage

Yes it does :)
enforce RFC1912 and you'll see an even bigger reduction

--
Cheers
Res

"Just a world that we all must share, it's not enough just to stand and
stare, is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away" - Floyd

believed to be clean.