Botnet 0.4 Spam Assassin plugin

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Nov 27 20:40:37 GMT 2006

Wayne spake the following on 11/27/2006 12:27 PM:
> At 14:17 27/11/2006, you wrote:
>
> Do not know if I am alone with this problem but I have had to remove
> BOTNET as it was doing it's job too well - it was deleting all mail
> which originated from genuine ADSL addresses I even tried adding these
> addresses to white-lists and other files saying not to be read as spam -
> they still were. If the problem of genuine use of adsl addresses can be
> addressed I will try again.
>
> - Wayne -
That is a problem. There is so little "genuine" use of ADSL for mail that the
author might not have took that into account. I am very resistant to accept
e-mail from ADSL or cable connections because it is 99.9% spam, and the
originator should be using a smarthost on their ISP.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and